Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Lisa Lampanelli loses 80 pounds



Have you seen Lisa Lampanelli's slimmed-down bod?

The Celebrity Apprentice alum is showing it off in the new issue of In Touch.

Lampanelli, 51, explains that she lost 80 pounds after undergoing gastric sleeve surgery in April, after hitting a high of 248 pounds.

According to WebMd.com, during the surgery a large part of the stomach is removed leaving a thin vertical sleeve, or tube, that is about the size of a banana.


Now she says she's down to a size 12. "I feel so much healthier," the comedian, who has struggled with her weight since she was 18, tells In Touch.
"Crazy diets, good diets -- you can't name a diet I didn't do," she says. "Finally I said, 'I've tried it all, and there's no shame in taking the next step.' The doctor who ultimately did my procedure explained that obesity risks are much greater than the risks for this surgery."
She adds, "I was such an overeater. Now, I get full quickly -- at three, four bites, I have to stop."
Lampanelli also vows to keep it off. "The size I am right now is the size I was always meant to be."

No comments:

Post a Comment