Friday, September 28, 2012

Oprah talks kissing Forest Whitaker



We're sure Stedman won't mind...

Oprah Winfrey has been smooching Academy-Award winning actor Forest Whitaker -- but it's all in the name of work. The media mogul stars as Whitaker's wife in the upcoming film The Butler. "I felt pretty good about it, let me just say. Forest is a good kisser, how about that? Thank you, Keisha Whitaker," says Oprah in an interview today with CBS This Morning.

She sat down with Charlie Rose, Norah O'Donnell and her own BFF Gayle King to chat about the film, leadership, education, philanthropy and more. Among the highlights:


On how OWN and O, The Oprah Magazine are doing: "I will tell you this. That this is a tough time for magazines, all magazines, that's why we're very proud for our e-edition of O magazine. We've been in business for 12 years. And I think that means I've done about 120 covers. I'm really excited about what's happening at OWN. When I was on in April, we were going through some tough times. I'm happy to report that we have made the turn, and it's been like turning the ship around in the middle of a small canal, but we've made the turn and I'm really just so thrilled about so much of the programming."
On taking graduates of her schools in South Africa back-to-school shopping: "I really liked the experience of Target, Bed, Bath & Beyond. I really liked the experience. But I will tell you of all the things that I've done with the school, I woke up on the morning that we were going shopping, and it really hit me that, "Oh my God, we really did this." You know, nobody does anything alone and, again, it's about getting the right leadership in place and getting the girls to a point where they can use the education that we provided. So now, you're right, we have a number of girls in schools in the United States and a number of -- everybody in this entire graduation class is in college. So that's all exciting. To be able to do that, with your ranking, wherever you're ranked on anybody's list, to me is a very good thing."

View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment